Better by Design
Swagelok developed the original two-ferrule tube fitting in 1947, and with 200 active patents worldwide, we continue to improve our proprietary design for use in thousands of diverse applications:
- We outperform other fittings in three key areas—tube grip, gas seal, and vibration resistance.
- Our unique SAT12® carburization process produces better performance.
- Swagelok fittings are easy to install and are backed by extensive training.
- We conduct continuous, rigorous testing for extreme environments.
Above all, our reputation is for reliability.
How We Outperform
Swagelok tube fittings have a grip-type design that uses a unique "hinging and colleting” action to achieve optimal performance in three key areas:
- Tube grip—hinging and colleting action provides more direct tube contact/gripping support.
- Gas seal—burnishing/polishing action of the front ferrule creates concentrated zones of contact on the tube and on the body bevel for a stronger seal.
- Vibration resistance—the colleting region better isolates stress risers at the tube grip to resist bending, deflection, and vibration.
About the SAT12® Process
SAT12 is Swagelok’s unique low-temperature carburization process. It achieves a phenomenal tool-steel-like hardness and strength in the ferrule without sacrificing corrosion resistance or material ductility (is nonbrittle).
- Enriches the surface of stainless and other metal alloys
by diffusing carbon atoms between metal atoms without
- In use for nearly two decades
Installation is Easy
Swagelok fittings are easy to install, and our expert training equips your workforce with the essential know-how.
- Only standard wrenches are needed
- No threading or flaring
- No soldering or brazing
- No welding
- Significantly lower torque required compared to most other tube fitting brands
Swagelok fittings come fully assembled, and connections can be reassembled many times.
Tested to Extremes
Swagelok performs continuous, rigorous testing on thousands of samples of production tube fittings to ensure only highly reliable components.
Our passion for Perfection:
- We publish the most comprehensive book of tube fitting Product Test Reports (PTRs) in the industry.
- Ongoing validation tests ensure fittings consistently meet our most stringent standards.
- We conduct customized testing in our state-of-the-art labs to prepare Customer Test Reports (CTRs) for specific conditions and applications.
Never Intermix/Interchange Fittings
It is a poor practice to intermix/interchange tube fittings from different manufacturers. There is no industrywide commercial design standard for fittings, meaning:
- Each manufacturer follows its own standards and processes
- An intermixed/interchanged fitting is essentially a new untested design
- The user accepts full responsibility for performance and outcome
- Voids Swagelok’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
Avoid possible performance issues, leaks, costs, and safety concerns—NEVER intermix/interchange tube fittings.